Skip to main content

A new love story of Bhumi Pednekar and Akshay Kumar



Bolly Tolly News,Kolkata, August 3rd, 2017Bhumi Pednekar set a benchmark for Indian film actresses in her debut film Dum Laga Ke Haisha when she became one of the first actors to sport an over-weight look as per the demand of the script. She went on to win the well-deserved Filmfare Award for best female debut for her performance making her the most sought after actors of the Bollywood Industry.

After Dum..., people would say that I'll get stereotyped but luckily that didn’t happen and I kept getting good work. I have had constant influx of scripts and offers. I read some great material and took a one year break to lose weight,” says Bhumi, further adding, “Actually, I didn’t expect to get so many offers. I was being realistic and practical. I knew my struggle was going to be different and a long one. I did not think that our fraternity or the audience would accept me or that they have evolved to accept an actress going from big to small.




The actress is all set to star opposite superstar Akshay Kumar in their upcoming film Toilet: Ek Prem Katha. Bhumi always looked up to Akshay as an actor. She said, “When you are growing up, you always have a fixed notion of what a superstar would be like but Akshay sir was completely different. He is so down to earth and always punctual on set. Professionally, I wish I could adopt these habits from him”.




She went on to say, “Akshay Sir is so focused and professional. He completely dedicates himself during the filming process. He is a great example to have for newcomers like us. On set, he is filled with excitement and is so well-behaved. He believes in spreading happiness.”



The actress admits she was in a dilemma during the Toilet... shoot as she had never faced the problem (not having access to toilet) in her life. “It may sound gross but for two days I didn’t go to the toilet because I didn’t know how else to feel for those women,” she adds.



It appears that Bhumi has found a firm foothold probably due to her risk-taking abilities and choosing some challenging parts. In a latest development, she has also signed a film based on Chambal dacoits with Sushant Singh Rajput playing her love interest. Set in the 70s, both the actors will be seen playing dacoits and the Abhishek Chaubey-directed film is likely to be shot in Chambal ravines.




The 28-year-old actress will also feature in Zoya Akhtar's next which is part of an anthology of four shorts directed by her, Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap, and Dibakar Banerjee. Talking about picking subjects, she says, “When I choose a film I purely go by what I like to see. There is certain kind of cinema I am exposed to and there are certain kind of films that I like to watch as an audience. Those are the films I would like to be associated with. If I don’t want to watch certain kind of films, why would I do it? Choices make or break an actors’ career,” says Bhumi.Fans are excitedly waiting to see the two pair up onscreen for the first time and charm us with their romantic escapades!



Produced by Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, Kriarj Entertainment, Neeraj Pandey, Plan C Studios, and Cape of Good Films LLP, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha stars Akshay Kumar and Bhumi Pednekar. Directed by Shree Narayan Singh, the film will release in cinemas on 11th August, 2017.



By: Srirupa Nandi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Bachchan shares adorable childhood picture of son Abhishek Bachchan and daughter Shweta

Bolly Tolly News, kolkata 22nd August ,2017 :  Amitabh Bachchan shares childhood pic of Abhishek Bachchan and Shweta Amitabh Bachchan has always been active on social media and keeps his fans updated about his whereabouts through his interesting posts and pictures. On Sunday, Big B shared an aww-dorable picture of his son Abhishek Bachchan and daughter Shweta Bachchan Nanda on his Instagram.   In the picture, elder sister Shweta is seen tending her li’l brother Abhishek, who lying in a pram.  He captioned the snap, "Shweta tending Abhishek ." In the picture, Shweta is seen taking care of baby Abhishek.Junior B shares a strong bond with sister Shweta. On Raksha Bandhan, Abhishek posted an adorable picture with a special message on Facebook. Also Read: Amitabh Bachchan’s shoot for Kaun Banega Crorepati with Kapil Sharma cancelled He captioned it: I'm pretty sure she still thinks I'm that same size and age.... But am also sure that she will always be ...

The star kid chilling with her gang to make you all jealous this Sunday.

Bolly Tolly News, Kolkata22nd August,2017 :  Shah Rukh’s daughter Suhana is turning out to be quite popular on the social circuit. Already a paparazzi favourite, a few days ago, we reported on how she was almost stalked by photographers. Thankfully, that unpleasant experience has not put her off and the young lady is out and about again. What’s more, she is turning out to be quite a poser as well. Last night, Suhana and her gang were spotted partying in Mumbai and from the looks of it, the second generation Bollywood kids appeared to be having a great time. Accompanying Suhana was Ahaan Pandey, actor Chunky Pandey’s brother Chikki Pandey’s son and Sanjay Kapoor’s daughter Shanaya. Suhana looked great in a black halter neck top and white ripped jeans while she kept her accessories minimal with a pair of chain and spiked booties and a neon sling bag. Take a look at the images.  Shah Rukh Khan your daughter Suhana Khan is simply gorgeous. Last night the superstar kid...

KOLKATA STAR CRICKET LEAGUE 2017 ANNOUNCEMENT

  Bolly Tolly News, Kolkata,26th October,2017:  KOLKATA STAR CRICKET LEAGUE 2017 was announced at a press conference today at Kolkata Press Club. The cricket League is First of its Kind to be played by the renowned Dj’s and Event Managers of the City. The Kolkata Star Cricket League has been curated by Mr. Mohammad Anish owner of Red Magma Production, Dj Nilashree Choudhury & Mr. Piyush Doshi owner of Rashmi Group. The event will take place on 6th of November at Deshapriya Park 9am onwards. The match will be a day and night event with full entertainment and music. For the 1st time ever in the entertainment industry we are uniting all the Dj’s and Managers. Managers of Kolkata together under one roof. There are total of 6 teams, 3 teams of Dj’s and 3 teams of Event Managers which consist 36 Dj’s and 36 Event Managers taking part in the tournament. The team selections will be based on Lottery system for all 72 players. Professional Umpires and Score readers have been ...

📩 Subscribe for Updates

Get the latest posts directly in your inbox!

Jewellery starting at Rs.50/-

✨ Rishmita Collection ✨

Trendy Fashion & Lifestyle Products at Best Prices

🛍️ Visit Store